The Guy’s Name

The Guy’s Name

Right now I’m in the UK, more precisely in Nottingham. I came for a conference related to my work. When I arrived I didn’t know anyone so I couldn’t prepare myself for anything. They end up being very nice people that made a very touching approach.

Anyway, when I arrived, I prepared myself for a much more formal ambience. I was thinking of that when the taxi driver, entering the campus I went to, said:

- What’s your name?

- Videira.

- What?

- Videira.

He turned himself to some kind of microphone to reach the reception staff and shouted out loud:

- The guy’s name is Videda.

Ok. Suddenly I was the Guy! Quite a welcome reception!
So much for formality which is very nice for me, for as you all know, or are learning, I’m really not formal!

(Text in English, my poor English, in order my colleagues can understand this little episode)

NetWorkedBlogs